Via Carolyn comes a fun Friday timewaster: The 7 Link Challenge. It's harder than it looks!
1) Your first post: Like Mother, Like Daughter
This is from 2005! Puppy was a mere two months old. Don't be fooled into thinking I've been blogging since then, though. I didn't really start in earnest until 2007. Five years ago, the blog was called Unproductive Reproduction and I thought I would have a lot to say about (in)fertility. Turns out, not so much. Then I discovered I could prattle on for quite awhile about adoption (and actually needed to get some things out to stay sane). Production, Not Reproduction was born.
2) A post you enjoyed writing the most: 25 Things I Said Today
I wavered between most fun and most cathartic. Fun won. (Oh, look at that. I snuck in an eighth link. One of my all-time favorite posts.)
3) A post which had a great discussion: My T-shirt Today is a Solid Grey
Commenters building on one another, folks offering opposing viewpoints. Good times.
4) A post on someone else's blog that you wish you'd written: Before Sleep at Journey Mama
"I sit and think about small regrettable things."
5) Your most helpful post: Supporting Family Members Who Are Adopting
Self-explanatory, yes? I'm curious what post all of you would have answered is post most helpful.
6) A post with a title of which you are proud: Doing Some Unpacking
Not that the title itself is anything to write home about. (I very much dislike thinking up post titles. Ugh.) But it captures exactly what I was doing in that post: beginning to tease apart my privilege as a non-adopted person, in order to be a better adoptive parent. I don't know if proud is quite the right word, but that post means something to me.
7) A post that you wish more people had read: What's Your Damage?
Pretty much anything from 2007? Go read the archives! I have a soft spot for that particular bit, though.