|I wish I knew how to take|
Years ago I saw something similar on Etsy and thought it was a great idea. Alas, that Etsy vendor is no longer selling, so I used her set as a starting point to create my own. They weren't as pretty as hers, but the kids didn't know.
The kids had so much fun with them that I thought they might be worth sharing. There are 32 cards (31 items to find + a cover card) with illustrations to help the pre-readers. All of the items are things you could find fairly easily in a park, yard, or even grassy landscaped area outside of a building around here. Keep them in your bag or car and you always have an outdoor game on hand. Bam--you're a super parent! Heh.
- Print the PDF copy of the cards. I used heavy card stock.
- Cut each sheet into individual cards. There are small grey lines to use as guides.
- If you'd like to laminate them or round the corners, this is the time to do it.
- Punch holes at the top and stack.
- Bind them however you choose. I used ribbon looped around a large wooden bead so they could be taken apart easily.
I put these together late at night in the middle of much party prep, so go easy on pointing out the flaws. If you have fun with them, I'd love to hear. Enjoy!