- Los Angeles Times Page upon page of insightful, analytical news. How I took you for granted, my Pulitzer-winning friend.
- Jacaranda trees in bloom
- A use for the freeway map imprinted on my brain
- Our neighborhood coffee house Oh, the irony: I've moved back to the region which invented the coffee house, only to find that it's now moved on to drive-thru coffe.
- Trader Joes Like I'm relearning how to grocery shop all over again.
- Living within walking distance of a grocery store, post office, video store, two parks, coffee house, church, daycare, and my office. Nobody walks in L.A., my ass. OK, fine--it's mostly true. But my little corner bucked the trend.
- The way the foothills glowed golden-pink at sunset
- Television being accepted as a substantive conversation topic
- Lost? Mountains = north
- The row of irises planted along our next-door neighbor's white fence
May 21, 2007
Superficial things I am missing about Los Angeles today...