I have been feeling emotionally puny this year as the holidays approached. Hence the long silence. It's taken everything I have lately to be a good friend/parent/co-worker each day, leaving little in the emotional reserves to be present with my friends inside the computer. I miss you all!
I've also been feeling a lot of powerful gratitude lately for things both big and small. Here are seven at the front of my mind this Thanksgiving:
- TiVo. How I love you, you little box of escapism.
- My toasty bed on a cold night
- The kids both being old enough that we can share in a joke together
- Our weekly family story time in front of the fireplace
- The always-singing, pretending-to-sommersault, sparkly-eyed little two-year old that Mari has grown into
- Watching Eddie discover this year his gigantic, emerging talent for building and creating and figuring out how things go together
- You. And you. And you, too.