I did manage to go downstairs awhile this evening. I played with Puppy (so great) and we hung out quite a bit at bedtime. Firefly smiled at me like, "Hey, you look like fun! Who are you?" Then she gave Todd a bunch of giant hugs while looking straight at me, as if to say, "I'm sticking with this parent now."
There may have been a little bit of projection on my part going on there, with the Firefly thing.
So I'm giving up and turning the reins over to you. Below are the four posts I toyed with today--you tell me which one I should finish first. It's like a choose your own adventure blog! (Man, I loved those books. Although I had a bad habit of cheating by flipping through to see which page numbers were dead ends.)
- Inside our adoption agency's new strategic plan: a reaction (Spoiler alert! It's a big sigh of disappointment with a soupçon of fuming.)
- My thoughts about that blog post that was just republished in the adoption magazine (Welcome to the new people visiting from the magazine! Sorry it's so boring right now. A case of impressively bad timing on my part.)
- A strange little note I wrote--and recently found--in one of my journals
- Some advice we got about sharing difficult adoption-related information with kids and us thinking about how that plays out in open adoption
* Oh my word. That website just claimed I share a Myers-Briggs type with Rumsfeld, Schwarzenegger and Cheney. I'm going to go rock quietly in the corner now.