Typically I don't mind people's ill-thought-out comments too much; heaven knows I've made enough of them myself. But I've been a bit overwhelmed by the sheer volume of them lately--and by the fact that the exact same ones keep falling out of folks' mouths:
- "Where did she come from?"
- "I thought she would be darker."
- "So are you going to have to do cornrows and beads?"
- "You adopted [Puppy]? Really?"
- "How nice for you that you did this the easy way."
At least I've gotten my responses down pat.